January 6, 2017
Backup and Recovery Solutions Review
New Actifio Sky Brings Copy Data Virtualization Technology to Azure
Actifio today announced support of Microsoft Azure with the availability of the Actifio Sky, in the Azure Marketplace. Actifio’s copy data virtualization platform helps enterprise customers move faster to the cloud, speeding up hybrid cloud adoption.
Azure customers will now be able to take full advantage of Actifio’s test data provisioning for application development, backup, disaster recovery, instant recovery, data migration, long-term retention or analytics. This announcement comes at a time when that more enterprises than ever are shifting their largely antiquated data infrastructures to the cloud.
- Provides a cloud on-ramp that can start with low-risk use cases, such as vaulting backups to the cloud, bursting and shifting application testing and development to the cloud, and testing instant recovery in the cloud;
- Satisfies development, test, and line-of-business teams with accelerated software releases, driven by improved Test Data Management with instant, secure, self-serve access to virtual data in Azure using Actifio Sky.
- Empowers cloud-focused continuous integration (CI) and delivery (CD) processes to build, deploy and deliver higher quality applications faster which speed new capabilities to market;
- Protects critical applications such as large databases, with instant recovery on-premises or in the cloud and point-in-time rollbacks, regardless of location;
- Applies SLA-based data lifecycle policies that can be managed easily across clouds and sites globally; and Supports on-premises deployments, including Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Softlayer, Oracle Cloud, and over 50 MSP clouds.
Read more: http://solutionsreview.com/backup-disaster-recovery/new-actifio-sky-brings-copy-data-virtualization-technology-to-azure/